In this video I demonstrate how to flash a custom ROM, in this case CyanogenMod nightly #42.
Basically there are a few things to remember:
1) Make sure the file is not currupted.
2) If the dev asks you to wipe, you wipe.
3) Always reboot after the first boot.
4) If there's a problem after booting up, reboot.
5) If problem persists, factory reset.
6) If problem persists, wipe and reflash.
7) If problem persists, revert to previous build and consult forums.
Please tell me what you think! See you next time!